Tuesday, November 23, 2010

"I will praise God's name in song and glorify Him with thanksgiving" Psalm 69:30
In keeping my mind on thankfulness, so many reasons come to mind this evening on things I have to be thankful for.
Tonight,
*I am thankful for my home. We have lived here for about 5 years now, and I just love it. When we moved back in the area from Michigan, Jeremy probably looked at over 100 homes (not me, I sent him to check it out and narrow the list down before he drug me along too, lol), and we looked at our house the day after the previous owners put it on the market. We put an offer on it right away. It just had our names written all over it. I have loved decorating it and putting my personal touches on it. I am so thankful for our place where me and Jer and the kids can call 'home'.
*I am also thankful for my fireplace, blanket and a nice steaming cup of hot cocoa. Especially on cool nights like tonight! Thank you Jesus, for even the little things.
*I am thankful for the kids' Thanksgiving break! I am actually very much looking forward to the kids being off school for a few days. I love the relaxed days of sleeping in, having nowhere to go and nothing much to do. :-)
*I am thankful for good friends. Nothing can put a smile on my face quite like a note, card, text or message from a good friend. I know that I can count on you, in good times, and in times of need. You know who you are ;-)
and lastly for tonight,
*I am thankful for the 2 most awesome, amazing parents a girl could ever ask for. I have been blessed with such Godly parents, in which I am so thankful. They have raised me in a good, christian home, and taught me good morals and values, that only a parent can teach. Along those lines, I absolutely THANK GOD for my mom, her health, and a scary biopsy she had done a week ago....the results came back today, and her biopsy came back normal! This has scared me so much this week, and I have been praying constantly and asking everyone I know to pray with me. Long story short, she had a biopsy done because of an "abnormality" the doctors had found. Whether the results came back cancerous or not, she will have to have a hysterectomy done the beginning of the year. Praise the Lord, the results came back negative! In doing a CAT scan, blood work, EKG and other stuff, the doctors also discovered she has an enlarged heart and will need to do a stress test before going in for surgery. So we are continuing to lift her up in prayer, and I am asking you to do the same. Thank you Jesus for your healing touch!!!!!

I am getting so excited for Thanksgiving! I just love love love this time of year!

1 comment:

Eunice Willis said...

Awwwww....Thanks for the kind, sweet words, Sheila, and for all of the prayers, and for all of the prayers of all of your friends you sent out, too, I know, God is still on the throne, guess, that is why I haven't been to worried about the results or about this upcoming surgery, I KNOW God will be with me thru it all!!! I have so many faithful friends and family praying for me! Thank YOU everyone for your prayers!!!!