Hope you all had a great weekend! We sure did, although Monday came all too fast again, like it always does. We spent lots of time with my family this weekend, in celebration of my nephews birthday. But alas, Monday is upon us again. But that's OK! Because it's a short week, and it's the week of THANKSGIVING! :-) So what are you thankful for today? Let's see what I can narrow it down to today.........*I am thankful for preschool for my son! Yes, he has the most awesome teacher this year, who just loves her kids, and is great with them, a great director, and lots of good friends in his class. And let's not forget about the quiet time mommy gets when he's AT preschool..... :-)
*I am thankful for my husband, who gets to work from home. Some wives would complain, or not like it.........I LOVE it!!! I *try* not to take advantage of it, except of course that one day last week when I left Gena home with daddy so I could run Isaiah to school and not have to drag her in, it made it so much easier. But as tempting as it was, I did not do that today. Or like this morning, when I accidentaly ran over a bag of our trash that was in the middle of the driveway, and drug it down the street under my van. I just called my awesome hubby up on his cell, who was back at the house fixing breakfast, and he came and rescued me, picked up the trash and got the trash bag out from under my van. He is truly my knight in shining armour. <3
*I am thankful for such an awesome church that we can be a part of. I, seriously, look forward to going to church, every Sunday and Wednesday. Our staff is amazing and dedicated and works tirelessly week after week. When we first started going to our church about 6 1/2 years ago, I believe they were running around 300 people or so. It averages around 800-900 each Sunday now. Not to get tied up in numbers, or to "toot" the pastors horn, but we give God ALL the credit. God is doing amazing things, and we just love being a part of God's plan.
and, let's see, let's do one more for today..... :-)
* I am thankful for being back home, in my home state. As I reflect back on Thanksgivings past, I remember when we were celebrating Thanksgiving thousands of miles away in Michigan, 6 years ago. I just had Lilly the beginning of November, and was given instructions not to fly for 6 weeks. I was devastated. That meant Thanksgiving would be spent in Michigan, with no friends, and no family around.
Ok, your turn! :-)
2 comments:
I'm so thankful for you baby! A flexible job, our beautiful yet challenging kiddo's and of course any alone time we can squeek out of the week! I love you forever and always Babydoll! Happy early Turkey Day!
I am so thankful you are back home, too....and so, thankful for my family, and so thankful, you are in church, and love it so much, you don't know how much that means to me, and how much God is working in your family's life. I love you all so MUCH!!! :)
Post a Comment