Saturday, July 4, 2009

My Dream Date... with my Dream Man

Jeremy and I had the greatest time last night. We went out on a date, since he is leaving for Mexico on Monday for 12 days. So we wanted to get in one more date before he had to leave. I'm trying not to think about it too much. It just makes me depressed. So I am determined to enjoy our wonderful 3 day weekend before he leaves. He was off work on Friday, so we got lots done around the house. We were originally going to go swimming at my moms, but it ended up being cloudy and rainy most of the day, so we stayed home. Which worked out fine, since we got lots done around here. Jer was able to cross off all but 3 of the many items on his "to do" list on the fridge. Do I have the greatest husband or what? :) Then Friday afternoon, my awesome sis and bro-in-law came to pick up the kids to take them bowling and to Chucky Cheese, then back to their house to spend the night. So Jer and I were kidless Friday afternoon and all evening. :) Ahhhh......it was wonderful. ;) Of course, me, being Queen of Sleep, I took a nap Friday after the kids left. (had to rest up for Friday night, don't ya know), while Jer worked on his "list". :) lol. Then Friday night, we went to the New Theatre Resteraunt and had an awesome dinner, followed by a TERRIFIC show of the "Sound of Music". It was phenomenal. Great acting and singing, along with a very impressive stage build and costume designs. And during imtermission was of course a very yummy, yet sinful, dessert. I got the peach cheesecake cobbler......YUM! All in all, it was a great date. (and if you recall from my previous post----- there were NO trips to Hy Vee involved!) lol.

And now, it is almost 10:30 on Saturday morning, and I just got out of bed about 45 minutes ago, and my sleeping beauty is still in bed. (what would the Queen of sleep be, without the KING of sleep???!!!) :) I must go wake him now.

Hope you all have an awesome Independence Day, and thank GOD for our freedom. Enjoy special time with family and friends today. Love to all!


2 comments:

Eunice Willis said...

Glad you had such a GREAT Date night....I knew you would, the whole afternoon and evening sounded just wunderful!!!! Think of those times when, your hubby is away the next few days, and hopefully, the days will pass very quickly for you and the kiddo's!!!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Sounds wonderful!!!

Sleep, time alone with your hubby, great food, and sleep.

Heather