Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What's been going on in my life lately you ask? (Well, maybe you didn't ask, but I will tell you anyways. Just for the fun of it) :)

Jer finally came home. After 12 long days and nights. He came home Friday night. Got home about 9 or so, and the kids were still up......had to stay up to see daddy of course. Boy were they excited. I should have video taped it. We were going to stay at the top of the stairs, and "scare daddy" when he came in, but the kids just couldn't hardly contain themselves. (ok, so I couldn't hardly contain myself....) As soon as we heard his car door shut in the garage, we came barreling down the stairs like a herd of elephants. Ah, such a sight to see I'm sure. :)

We have been spending as much time together as a family as we can this past weekend and this week. Because we know another trip is just around the horizon. Next Monday morning to be exact. Another trip to good ol' Mexico City, for another 12 long days and nights. Looks like it will be like this for a couple more months at least......going in to fall. *sigh* BUT......I will survive! Reminds me of a saying Pastor Jason gave a few months ago......"I can't, but YOU can through me!"

Some random thoughts, on this cloudy, lazy Tuesday.....

*I made some cream cheese mints with a friend the other day. They were deeee- lish! I must share the recipe. As soon as I get it- ha! We made them at my friends house, and used her recipe, and therefore came home with a bunch of yummy mints- but no recipe.

*My kids have developoed an unhealthy obsession to watching Full House reruns on DVD. (flashback to my childhood!) They just love, "Michelle.....and whats the other girs names?" as Isaiah asked me the other day. You know it's getting bad when Isaiah walks around saying 'how rude'. *sigh* what have I done???

*It has been unusually cool for this time of the year in KC. High of.....78 today? In July? Unprecedented! My poor Lilly continues to ask daily if we are going to MeMa's house to go swimming.

*It is almost time for dinner. What is on the menu tonight? I'm thinking something chicken......mainly because that's what I pulled out of the freezer this morning. Stay tuned.....

Now where are those little people at? oh yea.......in the living room watching.....yup, Full House.


No comments: