Thursday, March 12, 2009

Update

Wanted to update you all while I had the chance, and have the house to myself. A very rare occasion. Lil is at school, and Jer took Isaiah to the dr. No, he's not sick. Just a general 3 year check up.

Family is all doing well. I must admit, the last week has been an emotional roller coaster in our family, as we have all spent time by Grandma's side. I smile though, knowing that she is in NO MORE pain, and is dancing and having a grand time in Heaven. She has finally received the ultimate healing. She will be missed here by many. I will never forget her big smile she gives you, and the way she asks how you are doing, and really means it, not just 'making conversation', and that special little *wink* she gives you, that only Grandma can do. She is a precious, sweet lady, and has blessed many lives, mine included.


Her visitation is Friday night, at Langsford in LS from 6-8pm, and the funeral is Sat at 10am.
We are still having our company coming in tonight. Some friends of ours from St Louis is coming in tonight and staying until Tuesday. We had this planned with them long before we even thought we'd be planning Grandma's funeral at the same time. We have told them what's been going on, and they have been very understanding with us doing what we need to do. We are looking forward to spending time with them this weekend, and catching up and just relaxing. :)
In the meantime, I've got to finish getting my house in order. So I'm signing off. Thanks for all your prayers!


2 comments:

Verna said...

Sheila, I love this picture of Kenny and Gena. Gena was an awesome woman of God and we were blessed to know her. May God give you guys comfort and peace.

Sounds like you are super busy. It was good seeing you tonight, just wish it was under different circumstances. I enjoy reading your blog.

Verna

Jen said...

This is such a great picture of Grandma!!! It has been over 8 months now that she has been gone and I still find it hard to believe that I cannot just go over to her house and visit with her and pour my heart out to her and hear her wonderful words of advice as she listens so intently.......Heaven got a diamond....I miss her SOOO much!!! :(