Friday, May 29, 2009

Show Us Where You live Friday

Welcome to another "show us where you live Friday" edition!! Check out Kellys Korners blog, to see this weeks room.....the kids' rooms!

Now first off, I must say, that our kids' rooms are always a work-in-progress. I got Lilly's room (finally) the way I like it. For the moment. I am only beginning on Isaiah's room though. So keep that in mind as you enter our kids' rooms.........


Welcome to Lillian's room!
This is what you see as you walk down the hall past her room. Hardly ever her and Isaiah laying in her bed so still though. That was a very rare moment.


And she does have a day bed, with a trunnel underneath to sleep someone else (often her cousins when they sleep over). The day bed actually used to be mine when I lived with my parents, before I was married. It's white and has girly little flowers on the corner posts.
The photo below, is a realistic photo that I often see as I pass by my daughters room. She is a climber. She climbs on her shelves, toy boxes, art easel.....anything, to reach something up high. Here she is, caught in the act.
My favorite part about her room is probably the doll house/bookshelf. I love it. Got it at Target a year or two ago. Now my daughter does have one distinct characteristic that is unlike me. She is a very messy house keeper. I tolerate mess to an extent, but not like Lilly. We had to work and work on her room to clean it up to make it "blog worthy" for this! Toys are usually scattered from one wall to the other in her room. Drives. Me. Crazy. I don't remember EVER being like that. I'm sure I was some, when I was little, but for the most part, I've always been fairly neat and clean. Not my daughter. Messes don't bother her one bit!






The photo below turned out kind of dark. This is Lilly's walk in closet. Enough clothes, shoes and dresses for a lifetime. :)





And this is a look at the same wall that the door is on. Her dresser (also used to be mine), her Dora calender, and the humidifier on her dresser, which we turn on every night, for noise.






And of course, her name :) I ordered this right after she was born, if I remember correctly, and it has been in her nursery and all (3) of her bedrooms.





A princess frame of our princess :)
I hardly remember when she was that little!!!




And a baby frame with her hand print. I know one of these days she won't want this "baby stuff" hanging on her wall, but until she begs me to take it down, I think I will leave it. :)





Now on to my sons room. Boys' rooms sure aren't as much fun to decorate as girls' rooms!
The dresser has been in his room since he was born- was also used as a changing table. Now is just a dresser. Love his toybox. That was a garage sale find a couple years ago. His bed used to be his crib, and has been converted to a toddler bed. I think he is probably about ready for a "big" bed, but we have just been lazy in getting him one. One of these days.


See what I mean, his room is a work in progress :) We have absolutely NO decor on his walls right now. How sad. Well, except for his name of course. I started out with the red wall and red stripes, thinking we would do a "Cars" theme in his room. Surprisingly, he seems to have gotten out of that phase. He was so obsessed with that, I just knew he would be a Cars fan forever. Now he seems more in to Spiderman and super heros. Which, lucky for me, the red wall would work for that as well!
The door in the picture below is the door to the California bathroom that him and Lilly share.






And of course the doors to his closet, with his name above it.




wow, his room is very plain. We'd better get workin' on that. ;)





No comments: