Caught wind of this, when my mom sent me an email regarding this. Former christian singer/songwriter Ray Boltz has recently divorced his wife, of 33 years, and is now claiming to be homosexual.
Since then, I have seen it in other sources on the internet. Check it out. It's dissappointing, dusgusting, and downright dirty.
Thanks for linking to the Washington Blade article. I've looked for it and hadn't been able to find it for some reason. There's so much I could say, but won't. Just this: I think he's very disingenuous at the end where he says this is a personal thing, not public for him. Then why come out in such a public way? And to close with the words (I paraphrase), "This is how God made me, so it is wrong to live any other way." Well ... God makes babies who are born without working organs and without limbs. Are we to assume that He means for them to live that way? Is it wrong for us to try and fix that malfunction, so to speak, so that person can live normally? Can you carry that logic on to apply to however a person is born? Nevertheless, we must respond with grace and love --- or we become the worst caricature of what the media paints us to be. It is such a conflict. So sad.
Oh my goodness, I am SHOCKED!!!! Mom didn't send me the e-mail so I had no idea!! That is horrible and I love the song "Thank You' that he sings too! What a shame!! Love, Valerie
2 comments:
Thanks for linking to the Washington Blade article. I've looked for it and hadn't been able to find it for some reason. There's so much I could say, but won't. Just this: I think he's very disingenuous at the end where he says this is a personal thing, not public for him. Then why come out in such a public way? And to close with the words (I paraphrase), "This is how God made me, so it is wrong to live any other way." Well ... God makes babies who are born without working organs and without limbs. Are we to assume that He means for them to live that way? Is it wrong for us to try and fix that malfunction, so to speak, so that person can live normally? Can you carry that logic on to apply to however a person is born? Nevertheless, we must respond with grace and love --- or we become the worst caricature of what the media paints us to be. It is such a conflict. So sad.
Oh my goodness, I am SHOCKED!!!! Mom didn't send me the e-mail so I had no idea!! That is horrible and I love the song "Thank You' that he sings too! What a shame!! Love, Valerie
Post a Comment