Friday, May 22, 2009

Show Us Where You live Friday


Today is Dining Rooms! Check out where "Show Us Where You Live Friday" originated here.

I must say, I think our dining room is my favorite room in the house. It just shows 'me' and my heritage, and I love that.



Above: My dining room, as you look at it, when you walk through the front door to the left....
We bought that glass dining room table and chairs set when we were living in Michigan. Love it, but it's kind of a pain to clean off after you eat.....you have to get out the windex everytime!

Can you guess my heritage yet?

(hint- that is my kimono hanging on the wall that I wore when I was younger) :)




Ok, so if you guessed Japanese, you are correct! :) My dad brought back the kimono hanging on the wall, when he went back to Japan to visit family in the 1980's. I have a picture of me and my sister wearing our kimonos, along with our shoes he got us (I forgot the name of the shoes). I think the picture is in one of the albums at my moms house.....I'll have to dig it out and show it to ya sometime! :)

Below: the one un-oriental thing in my dining room. (basically because I didn't know where else to put it in the house). My mickey mouse coo-coo clock!




My shoes that my dad brought back from Japan :)



And my doll from Japan........



My kimono hanging proudly....











As you can tell, I've got lots of little Japanese knick-knacks spread out all over my dining room :)

Hope you enjoyed the tour of my favorite room :)

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Your home is just beautiful! And, I love the personal touches you have in your dining room! It is gorgeous!

Heather