We went to Lilly's preschool meet the teacher night at her school tonight. We came back with some more info on the school and how it is run. Her teacher seems very nice and friendly. She tried to talk to Lilly, but of course Lilly hid behind me. Lilly wasn't on her best behavior at the school, and got a talking-to in the car later, but hopefully will warm up to the school and her teacher soon. I think we were just trying to push her too much tonight. Lilly needs time to take it all in, and adjust. She can't just dive in to a new surrounding quickly. I'm hoping she'll adjust quickly. In the meantime, we're talking a lot about her school and riding the school bus, here at home. It will be fun! and the countdown is now.......FOUR days til preschool! woo-hoo!On the other news-front.....I talked to Grandpa H on the phone on Tuesday, and was asking about Grandma. She's been having some good days (PTL!) where she has been up a lot of the day, but then she's had some not so good days. Jeremy's aunt and uncle (Grandma's son and daughter-in-law) went to visit her a while back, and her son trims the shrubbery at their house, and his wife stayed inside and talked to Grandma, and she actually sat up and talked to her for about an hour- which is good for Grandma. Usually she wears out sooner than that. So they are pretty much taking it one day at a time, and replying heavily on their (and our!) prayers. Grandma has lost all of her hair, which I know she is self-conscious about. She has always had perfect hair, going to the beauty salon religiously. I asked Grandpa about coming to visit her, and he said that he will tell me what he has told everybody else, 'that Grandma will let us know when she's up for visitors'. Which I have to admit, hurt my feelings a little. I mean, we're not visitors, we're family. But we will respect Grandma's wishes. And continue to pray for her! Grandma has a another test soon (I believe he said today, actually) that will determine if the chemo is helping at all. And once they get the results on that, it will determine if they continue more chemo, or something else.
But praise the LORD, we know the Healer!

1 comment:
what a lovely song!
Post a Comment