Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Why Do I Blog?

Like many people I know, I don't blog for statistics or to see how many "hits" I can get on my site. I really don't care much about that. I'm not in competition in the blogging world. I blog, simply because it's fun, I like catching up with old friends this way, to talk about my church and share my Saviour, and to share my thoughts, feelings and emotions, to anyone willing to read it! I know of several of my friends, my moms friends, former friends, church members and family members who regularly visit my site. (plus some people I don't even know personally, who I've met through blogging) And that's great. That's what it's here for! It is simply my teeny tiny corner of this world wide web, where I can show off my children, ask for prayer from friends, hear from friends (through comments), and vent, if need be. Simply.....this is me, and this is my blog. Take it or leave it. I love my God. I love my Family. And I love my Friends. So this is what I will blog about. I enjoy it. It's like therapy for me. lol. (I can hear Jer laughing at me now....) haha. I assume if people do not care about what I write about, then they would no longer visit my site. (that, or their just sick of looking at the million pictures of my kids that I post- lol). And that suits me just fine too. I actually print off all my posts, and keep them in a binder, as a journal-type thing, so I can go back and read my posts later. I have not been blogging as long as some people, but I have allready found myself going back to former posts, saying....."oh yea! I forgot about that!" Ok, so I told you why I blog. Now, tell me, why do you like reading my blogs?



Photobucket

3 comments:

Mrs. G-man said...

I like reading your blogs because you talk about family and what all is going on with all of you. Sometimes I read things that I had no idea because you forget to tell me or whatever so I enjoy reading about your days. :-) I like reading blogs that talk about people's lives and what is happening in it. It is hard for me to read blogs that all they have in their is preaching, cause I am a visual person and need to look at someone when I am being preached at or whatever so I can see their expressions when they talk. Although you bring the importance of God and Church and spiritual matters into it, that isn't all what's in your blog so it makes it interesting to read. Anyway, that's my two-cents worth. :-) I love 'em!! Keep those blogs coming!

Swylv said...

I read your weblog cuz you're my friend IRL. I enjoy reading about your days because we are much alike being Believers, wives, moms, and homemakers. I don't post many photos of me on my weblog because I don't look good in pictures. Now my son, what a cutie, I sure post his picture! So at least when you read my "soap box" posts, you already know what I look like...LOL. People from all over the world have visited my weblog so a little reservedness is in order.

Jen said...

I like reading your blogs because you always seem so quiet in person, but really share your feelings here. When I first started reading your blogs, I had no idea you had all this knowledge, passion and insight into things. You are truly a wonderful person and I feel so blessed to have you for a sister-in-law. I love to keep up with what you guys do throughtout the week b/c when we get together, the kids kinda tend to rule the roost--lol! So, what doesn't get talked about, I can see on here (Oh, and please forgive me for just now getting this page added to my "blogs I read" since I haven't been on blogspot much this summer, it has been out of my mind. I will do better now, I promise!) :) Thank you for taking the time to blog. I, for one, truly enjoy you doing it!!!