Monday, August 18, 2008

Random Ramblings

Yes, it has been a few days since I've been here last. Well, life happens, and I haven't had much time to blog. Weekends are always crazy over here. But now it is exactly 12:00- midnight, on Sunday night, and as everyone else in my home sleeps, I can finally get on here to visit with you! It was a fun, but busy weekend. Went to a wedding on Saturday, and mom and dad watched the kids. (um, yea, if we had to take the kids to a wedding, we might as well have stayed home! So, thanks for watching them, mom and dad!) Afterwards, Jer and I went to eat at my fave italian place- Zio's. We had a gift card to there that we hadn't used yet. So we only had to pay like $5 of the bill -- even better. =)



Church was really good today. Our pastor and youth pastor co-preached- which was a lot of fun, and we got to hear from/see some of the youth participating in service more today. We like to mix things up a little. Other than church, today was a day of rest and relaxation at home. We all napped today- which was wonderful. (which is also probably why I'm still up at midnight- haha)



Ok, so I've made the decision that I can't let what other people say/do to me dictate my mood and whether I have a good day or a bad day. Yes, some of you are probably like, 'why does she do that anyways?' Well, I do. or used to. I'll try not to from here on out. With God's help- I will overcome! I know who I am, and my thoughts, morals, intentions ...yada....yada....yada. Yes, I have become more laid back since meeting and marrying Jer. He is the most easy-going, laid back person you would meet. And some of that has rubbed off on me. Unfortunately, some of my old sensitive, moody self tends to seep back in. Not that being sensitive is bad, mind you. There's just got to be a good balance. Moving on.....



We have one more full day until my little girl gets on the bus to her first day of preschool! We are ready......backpack, supplies and all......I'll let you know how it turns out! We were talking to Lilly about it tonight, about her first day, and getting to play at school, and reminding her of her teacher that we met last week, and Isaiah said, 'I want to go too'! We told him it was just for Lilly, and he would get to stay home and play with mommy. He got this really bummed out look on his face. ha! Poor thing.....we'll have to do something fun this week. Just me and my bubba.

I'm off to get some zzz's....the kiddos will be awake again before I know it......

Hugs~ ShEiLa

No comments: