We spent a fun, but tiring day today at the Dairy Farm. Me and a couple girlfriends made a playdate of it, and took all our kids on a trip, a little over an hour away, and visited the dairy farm. We got to bottle feed baby calf's, milk a cow, see how milk is processsed and bottled, and sample some milk. Most of the kids enjoyed it. Isaiah - not so much. I think it was a mixture of the 'stank', the noise, the cows, and the crowd of people in a small barn. I pretty much held him the whole hour and a half of our tour. Lilly see
med to enjoy it....at least more than Isaiah. She didn't want to have anything to do with bottle feeding a calf or even touching the cows, but at least she stood on her own two feet - most of the time. The photo on the right is what Isaiah looked like most of the time we were there. It was all pretty interesting though. They have nearly 300 cows at this farm. And the milk? Yum! Have you seen those glass containers of milk in the grocery stores, Shatto Milk? That's where we went. And I didn't realize it, but they have more flavors than what I see on the shelves at Hy-Vee! They had Root Beer (which tastes like a root beer float), and Orange Creme, Banana, Strawberry, and of course white milk and chocolate milk. At the end of the tour, we got to sample all the flavors. They were all good! (well, I tried all but the root beer, I don't care for the taste of root beer). This is when Isaiah finally got out of my arms, and tried some milk. He tried all of them. Lilly would only sample the chocolate though. She's not too adventurous in her food and beverage choices! Below, is a lot of the kids that went today (do you like our "red" theme?) watching a cartoon on the TV while we waited to sample some milk.

Below: Isaiah, (and Lilly) much happier, sampling some milk.


No comments:
Post a Comment