
I have a love/hate relationship with fireworks. I love them when we are outside, having a BBQ and watching them with family. They are so pretty and so much fun. (although I'd never spend any of my own $$ on them....what a waste....you might as well light a match to your dollars and watch it go up in smoke......literaly!) Anyways, back to my love/hate relationship. The hate part comes late at night, when I'm lying in bed trying to sleep and I keep hearing 'bang! bang!' and each time thinking......"please don't wake the kids.....please don't wake the kids....". Or when it is only July 1st or 2nd, and I hear them going off at 7:00 when it's not even dark yet. People just can't wait to burn up their $$ I guess.....? Hm. I'll never understand that one. I hope I don't sound like the grinch (oops- wrong holiday), I really do like fireworks.....just not spent with my own money- haha.
Our church used to do an annual fireworks community event every year, but we are skipping this year, because of the building program, and the land being totally torn up around the church. But seriously, the church hired this family in the church who owned their own fireworks business, and they did this HUGE display of fireworks. It would last for like half an hour or so, and they even had it timed to music- which was totally cool. It cost the church somewhere around $10,000 to do this. We're not helping this family out this year, by hosting this big bash, but I don't think they'll be hurting......they are doing fireworks for another event whose getting $30,000 worth of fireworks! Cha-ching!
Hope the fireworks aren't keep you up late at night.....
~Sheila~