Our Independence day holiday celebration was lots of fun. It was spent with family, friends, food and fireworks! We went to my SIL's house for a BBQ (with enough food for an army..... of course it was all delicious!) We then played with the kids in the back yard on the swing set until 7 or so when we headed out to the front to shoot off some fireworks we had bought (.....and when I say "we", I mean my SIL and her family.....see previous post! :) ) Although I must say, I saw a side of Jer that I have never seen before- well, maybe only once since we've been married. He's quite the "big kid" when it comes to shooting off fireworks. Much different than me. When I was growing up though, we never bought fireworks and shot them off, and his family did - so maybe that makes a difference. I did hear some quite interesting stories of Jer in his younger days, and all the trouble he used to get in to with fireworks. But I'll save that for another post. :- )
Back to the 4th.......then at 9:30 we went and sat on the back deck and watched the city's fireworks- great view. Then, after theirs was through, we went back to the front to finish shooting off the one's "we" had bought. We ended up staying until almost 11:30 I think. Both kids were wiped out! A great evening, all in all. Here is a slideshow of the event for your viewing pleasure. Oh, and one thing I did not mention, the 2 younger boys (my son and my nephew- who are only like 17 days apart) did NOT like the fireworks. Especially Braden.....just going outside and hearing the booms, even when it was still light out, made him cry in terror. Isaiah did okay, until we went out front when it was getting dark, and seeing everything going on and hearing the loud booms all around us. Then we saw a few tears and he was crying to go back inside! We all survived though........check it out......