Thursday, July 31, 2008

Marriage is a Covenant

We have a busy weekend ahead, with four parties to attend! Three on Saturday and one on Sunday. And the one of Sunday is Jer's parents 40th anniversary celebration at our house, so I am needing to clean this weekend. Which will be a challenge since we will be gone to 3 parties on Saturday! So.....guess what the kids and I will be doing tomorrow??? oh joy.

I have a lot on my mind tonight. A good friend is going through some very rough patches in her marriage. (actually a couple people I know....) The lies Satan tells us sometimes.....ugh....they just make me so mad! But this friend is believing some of those lies, and it hurts to see that.

Marriage should not put you in a "bind" or make you feel like you are "stuck". God intended marriage to be a good thing! Once again, what God has meant for good, Satan has fed us lies and made it look like a bad thing. The vows you (or anyone married) said at your wedding ceremony is a covenant, between you, God, and your spouse. It wasn't a merely a suggestion or an after-thought. I believe that marriages in the church (and everywhere!) need God and prayers now, more than ever. Join with me, won't you?