Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Me- Day

Hello again my wonderful web friends! Things are going good over here at 'Faith Family & Friends'. I spent the day yesterday watching my nephews, Ben and Braden. They were good-- kept my kids entertained pretty good. Ben watched a lot of TV (he's almost 7, and I don't have any 7 year old boy toys....and it was wet outside....) Between watching TV and playing in the basement, I think we spent the rest of our time eating in the kitchen. Seemed like I just cleaned up the kitchen, and one of the kids was sayin' they were hungry again. LOL. Silly kids. Anyways, last night it was just me and the kids after my SIL picked up the boys. Jer went to a Royals game with my dad and bro-in-law and someone from dads church. Dinner was provided before the game- something special with dads work or something. They had BBQ- said it was yummy. They all seemed to have a good time. Except that right after the 7th inning stretch, the clouds let loose and they all got drenched. Needless to say, the game was done there, and everybody went running for shelter!

Tonight, I was a bad girl and played hookey from church. (shhhhh....don't tell anyone). Hey.....it doesn't happen that often!!! Brandi came over and used our scanner and scanned a bunch of pictures for a slideshow she's making for her parents. So we just hung out. Jer and the kids went to church. Jer talked to his mom briefly tonight about Grandma. I guess she went to the doctor today, to get her meds changed, since the one she was on, was just making her so sick and weak. So hopefully the change will help her, and she'll get some strength back. It's been 14 days since she started chemo, and drs don't think she should still be feeling this badly. If the new meds don't help, and she's not better by July 30th, their going to hold off on giving her her 2nd round of chemo. Otherwise, she's scheduled for more chemo on the 30th. Please continue to pray.

So I watched my nephews yesterday, like I said before, and my SIL got a "me day". So I've declared a "me day" tomorrow, and I'm dropping my kids off at my SIL's house in the morning. Yea! If only you could see me now.....doin' the happy dance!
I'll be spending part of my day tomorrow with Brandi, having lunch and going to a scrapbook store. Brandi said she's just taking cash, and leaving her cards at home, so she won't even be tempted to over-spend. Hm. Not a bad idea. ;)

No comments: